Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Eye Shadow Faves

I've learned to love eye shadow, and collecting pretty palettes and single shadows has become a habit of mine. To tell the truth there are at least 10 palettes sat in the drawer that have not been touched, as I can not bring myself to ruin them, but the ones in the picture are very well loved. Over the past few months I haven't worn much makeup at all, so it's a real treat and something I enjoy putting on when doing my makeup.



Each eye shadow a favourite for different reasons, both high end and drug store, I'm always on the look out for pigmented and creamy shadows. Palettes are so easy for travel, but the satisfaction of putting your picks into a custom palette makes me feel warm inside.

Tartelette in Bloom - £36 - (available from tartecosmetics.com (custom fees may apply) - I literally almost cried when my mom bought this back from New York for me *Yes, that is how much I love makeup* and even though it was one of the prettiest palettes I've ever tried, I just had to bite the bullet and use it. With a luxury feel and every single colour you could possibly ever need, this is something I'll forever reach for. Tarte has very quickly became one of my favourite brands and just the quality overall is exceptional. With a mixture of mattes and shimmers its the perfect summer travel palette (I'll be honest I'd never take this abroad as the thought of it being smashed by careless airport workers would break me). Each shadow is so creamy and blends like a dream. The scent also what captivates me, it's just something I can't describe. (Favourite shades: Funny girl, Smarty pants and Rebel)

Too Faced Chocolate Bar - £39 - (available from Debenhams) - Again another high end palette, but again another favourite. Sorry. This was a palette I'd seen time after time on Instagram, but never really cared much for it. One day I was out shopping and as soon as I spotted it and smelt it, it went straight in my basket. It hurt me to pay for it, but once your over the heartbreak (like with any product that breaks the bank) you then realise it was a good thing to do. With so many shades to choose from, again it's every colour you'll need. The metal packaging is very creative (it looks like an actual chocolate bar, which to be honest just makes me hungry) and is a good size. Each shadow smells just like chocolate (I can't wait to try the peach one) and blends really nicely. (Favourite shades: Salted caramel, Marzipan and Milk chocolate)

Makeup Obsession - (available from Boots) - This is custom palette HEAVEN. I repeat, Heaven. Literally the most affordable, highly pigmented and just down right beautiful shades. You can fill a palette for £20 and can take them in and out and swap them as you choose. With each shade being just £4 and a large collection of shadows, blush, bronzer, highlighter and brow products, you can really make a palette of your own, exactly how you want it. You can literally take everything you will need on holiday in one little palette. This brand also does a wide selection of cream products too, so you can mix and match for your perfect palette. (Favourite shades: Copper and London)

Colourpop - (available from colourpop.com (custom fees may apply) - Again from the drugstore, these little beauties from the US are something that is constantly reached for. The marsh-mellow texture (yes, you heard correctly) is so creamy and the colour is so pigmented, especially the shimmer super shock shadows. With each product being affordable the only downside is the custom fees for here in the UK, but I got a fair few products for around £60 including fees. They are totally unique and something never done before, which is exactly what is needed in the beauty world. (Favourite shades: Seeker and Arrow) - *one shadow did come smashed but after squishing it together it was good as new*

Whats your favourite shadows/palettes?

Georgia x





SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I've got so many palettes too which I haven't touched for months - woops! The Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette has the prettiest shades!

    Love Katy @ The Rawrdrobe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally agree with that! And yeah I find myself reaching for it more and more these days! Thanks for your comment lovely x

      Delete
  2. I have so many palettes that I haven't used as im still learned to use different colours, and experiment with it a little more! But I love colour pop too, the brand has so many amazing products. Love this post!

    Chloé
    https://arecordofchloe.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I have so many that will just sit in the drawer but I'm always buying more as there so pretty!

      Geo xx

      Delete
  3. I 100% agree with you on the makeup obsession custom palettes the pigmentation and colour range is AMAZING! Loved the post, so glad you're back blogging.

    Soph | www.planetwhispers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All thanks to you buying me some for Christmas! I love the custom palettes I still use them constantly! And thankyou!

      Geo xx

      Delete
  4. THE TOO FACED CHOCOLATE BAR is my FAVOURITE!!!!! I had a lot of fun reading this post, so happy I found your blog... looking forward to reading more! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like it to start with but now I find myself reaching it all the time! And aw thank you that's so lovely of you! Xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig